When it comes to digital marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-per-Click (PPC) often takes the lead as some of the most effective marketing forms today. Although both online marketing strategies strive to earn the top spot in the search engine results pages (SERPs) environment, the difference is that PPC is a paid search while SEO caters to organic search. Despite this variation, the ultimate goal is to increase online visibility and drive traffic to your website. For this reason, it’s best to incorporate both SEO and PPC to yield desirable results for your business.
In this article, we will share three key steps to take in blending SEO and PPC to bring wonders to your business:
- Employ a holistic approach for both your SEO and PPC: It’s best to consider a holistic approach for both your efforts to have one help the other. Consider the following methods:
- Your PPC ads can easily have exposure on page one since they’ll be paid for even when your SEO only ranks on page three to five.
- Your PPC ads can pick up the pieces when your organic keywords start to drop.
- You can use SEO practices to optimize your PPC landing page.
Ultimately, utilizing a well-rounded approach for SEO and PPC can assert your SERP dominance and top ranking.
- Take PPC keyword data and use it for SEO keywords: Digital marketers know the value of keyword research, which entail researching for words or phrases that relevant users in the industry are more likely to type in the search engine results. When it comes to this, there are many ways to perform keyword research, and there’s a variety of tools you can utilize as well.
One effective way is to use the Google Keyword Planner data in your PPC campaign. Through this, you can gather the following:
- Monthly searches: This allows you to enter terms into Google at a volume, where you can see search volume that’s trending through a visual graph. From there, you’ll be able to gauge which keywords are effective to be used further for your SEO keyword implementation.
- Competition metrics: Google Ads consists of a column in keyword planner called “Competition,” wherein it is ranked as High, Medium, or Low. This data is particularly useful to see where you stand in the competition, which you can actually implement in your SEO strategy.
- Take SEO data and use it for PPC campaigns: On the other side of the spectrum, you can use your SEO data and integrate it into your PPC campaign. If you are particularly successful with your organic keywords in certain areas, you can implement this keyword usage in your Google Ads. Here’s what it can be used for:
- Remarketing: You can drive customers in and get old customers back through remarketing display campaigns. As you purchase ad space in Google’s Display Network, they get presented to customers on sites they usually frequent. Your SEO data will help you know who to retarget.
- Keyword removal: You can know which keywords on your PPC campaign if you already have high-ranking SEO keywords on Google search.
Implementing the right blend of SEO and PPC helps you reap wonderful benefits for your business. These valuable perks include more site traffic and web visibility, higher PPC quality scores for keywords and ads, as well as higher ROI and returning visitors. Be sure to follow the steps discussed above, and see how they will kick your business up a notch!
We’re a full-service digital marketing company in New York specializing in digital solutions, from online marketing to content creation down to website development. If you need help in incorporating SEO and PPC strategies, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!